Collecting royalties – where do I start?

Whether or not you’ve been a performing musician for a long time or a new recording musician just looking for collecting on digital distribution (spoiler, its not going to be much) its best to register your works with SOCAN and at least a couple of the organizations listed below. This is a great chart courtesy of Connect who will also help issue you with proper ISRC codes. You don’t need ISRC codes for every platform (and largely, its up to you or your record label to get these) but once you get into the nitty gritty of licensing music, you will absolutely need them.

Go to the Connect page for more information on how to obtain an ISRC set of numbers here:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: